Lacking spirit or liveliness; showing lack of interest; languid; listless.
That's me and school this week. And last week. But the week before that was pretty good...
My brain is an absolute mish-mosh brought on by:
- the never-ending adoption
- my husband's new and improved longer work day
- continuing aggravation with my teeth and the entire field of dentistry
- Atticus, who has rediscovered tattling as an art form
- my own lack of fervor in regards to the period of history we are currently studying
- too many outside, evening "events"
- my own lack of self-discipline
- too many fictional characters taking up residence in my head
Thankfully, my children don't seem to have caught the "who cares?" bug. I rotate through this general malaise often enough that they have learned to get their math and other non-negotiables done, then to explore their own interests in a relatively quiet manner. Since their interests lean towards the school-ish side, I am pretty blessed in this area. I laugh and say it is my version of unschooling.
Next week, we are set to dig into the topic of flight, most notably the achievements of the Wright Brothers. I know that this will be an area where I can't possibly slough off my homeschooling duties. I can tell you already that Jo, Atticus and Logan will be absolutely consumed by this area of study, and I will be burning the midnight oil piecing together extra resources in this area.
So I'm going to take it easy tomorrow, too. One last day of unschool-y bliss. Chalk it up to a brain that is overly full.