Pages

Friday, January 19, 2007

Homestudy ...

We had our first homestudy visit today. It went well. Really well. Our case worker is hoping to have the homestudy written by the time we leave for vacation in just three weeks. I can't tell you how exciting that is for a family that's walked the road of "how do we expand?" for over two years.

In just three weeks, our name goes into the hopper of consideration for little children who need a home. We will still be pursuing our foster license, in case that's the method the Lord chooses to use to bring more hearts into our forever family. That process should take about three months. But just knowing--knowing for the first time in this whole rocky road--that someone is actually actively searching for the children the Lord wants us to raise ... I can't even give words to it.

I'm walking on air this morning. Thank you, Lord, for bringing me to this place. I know that there will be rough moments and days ahead. But at this second, I am surrounded by the evidence of your goodness!

No comments: