Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

The end of an era

This morning, I pulled out all of my Cubbies gear: three binders, a huge set of Betty Lukens felts and two year's worth of lesson plans. I sorted through it, organizing verses and matching crafts to Hugs. I made sure that each little fabric figure was nestled in it's outline--it just won't do to have Adam and Eve cavorting over by the Pharisees, you know.

After I put everything in its proper place, I set it aside, where it will wait until Sunday to be delivered to the church. Once there, the items will wait again ... this time for a new Cubbies Director to step forward and shepherd the AWANA preschoolers.

I won't be the Cubbies Director in the fall. I won't read stories to three year olds, and I won't be the one who figures out how to turn craft sticks and tacky glue into creches. Someone else will come along and fill that role. And you know, as hard as it was to leave my post a month ago, I feel o.k. about it. I'm looking forward to all of the things that God is bringing into my life to replace AWANA. All I have to do is wait.

No comments: