Pages

Friday, October 5, 2007

The Mathetes Award

I am absolutely speechless (and I bet you can tell how often that happens). Christine at Touching Heaven had honored me with a Mathetes Award. Christine says:

Mathetes is the Greek word for disciple, and the role of the disciple (per the Great Commission) is to make more disciples. In the spirit of this award, the rules are simple. Winners of this award must pick other "disciples" to pass it on to. As you pass it on, you mention and provide links for 1. this post as the originator of the award and, 2.the person that awarded it to you.

Did I say I was honored? :-)

Now it's my turn to nominate!

1. Jana at The Joy Box. Not only is she prolific in her writing, she is encouraging to boot! I am constantly amazed at her ability to always find joy, and inspired by her desire to seek a further refinement of herself through Christ.

2. MJ at Thoughtful Motherhood. I have read her blog for about two years now, and while I have always found her warrior spirit and graceful femininity attractive, more recently I have drawn special encouragement from her personal story of God's bountiful blessing of her once barren womb.

There are certainly others who have been used by God to brighten my day, to redirect my tendencies, to rebuke me or to give me a much-needed pep talk. A special thanks to those of you who take the time to post about your lives. Trust me--it matters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm honored, thank you so much. Also, thank you for answering my question about writing. Your advice helped, and I hope I can implement a quiet time during the day.