Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

30 ways, #1

DANCE PARTY


I don't dance in front of adults. Never. It's a hard and fast rule that I have, mostly because I look like an idiot when I dance, and really ... I try pretty hard not to look like an idiot in front of other people.


But pull up Pandora, clear the path of stray toys, and give me a kiddo or two and man, I can party like it's 1920. Or something.






Spring this one on your kid. Even if you're not a dancer. Even if they are going to look at you like you have six heads. Even if they are teenagers. Turn on something infectious (my kids loved hearing the songs I thought were cool in junior high) and just go for it. 

2 comments:

Robin said...

Love this!! We are a "dancing" family, too..so much fun!

Beth said...

I did not grow up "dancing" in my family. We were not at all silly as a family... broken homes sort of suck the silly out I guess. But my family LOVES dancing like FOOLS (husband include)! My kids thoroughly enjoy weddings with good dance music. (I am like you, dancing in public is not my thing).
My three year old shouts "DANCE PARTY!" whenever a popular song comes on that has a strong beat. We all go crazy in our 15 passenger van, bouncing and waving our arms... which must look sort of funny to those passing by. SO MUCH FUN!