Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Nesting

Things are looking more promising.



Officially off bed rest, I now find myself in the irksome limbo of "Haven't you had that baby yet?" 

The simple answer is no, I have not had that baby. Yet.

But I take great comfort in the fact that I will. Soon, even.

Sometime in the next few weeks, I will find myself grinding through the terrible, wonderful work that is labor, and will spend a few last minutes in questioning awe, waiting to meet the new soul the Lord has entrusted to us. And then he or she will finally emerge, and I will stare in fascination at this person and wonder how it is that I have managed to live 38 years on this earth without knowing this face.

This is the amazing truth of being witness to a miracle: when all is said and done, you can't remember life before it, and life after its advent will never, ever be the same.


2 comments:

Robin said...

Your post gave me chills. "wonder how it is that I have managed to live 38 years on this earth without knowing this face." Love that so much. Praying for you as you wait!

@lici@ said...

Thanks for the update! Waiting eagerly for the first pictures!