Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Join the conversation

I've been very blessed in this life. Aside from a God who pours out love in ways that leave me awed and humbled, I have also been gifted with a husband to walk alongside, five children to nurture and love and a safe home to call my own. That's not enough in God's economy, though. No, He presses down that cup and returns it overflowing.

Overflowing is often how I feel after Benny and I meander through one of our epic theological discussions. These talks are never planned; they are the simple outpouring of what the Lord is doing in the lives of two women at whatever moment we catch one another. Though often interrupted by the very real duty of mothering a combined total of nine children, we are never deterred from fleshing out the beauty and poetry of the Scriptures, of sharing God's direction in our lives or from asking the big questions that swirl in the minds of well-meaning but still journeying women longing to draw ever closer to Yahweh.

Benny has taken her most recent topic of theological interest to her blog, and writes about it here. I invite you to respond and to join in the conversation. I can't guarantee you won't have to take a break from commenting to disciple a wayward child, but I can tell you from experience that she's a) used to it and b) very patient with such doings.

See you there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This post and your last remind me that our greatest earthly treasures are truly the people we travel this journey with.

Blessings,

Jamie