Pages

Friday, June 6, 2008

sooooooo ... I got that bumGenius order



I am
so hooked. Addicted. Obsessed. I'm even trying to get others sucked in. (How is that working out for you, j?)

Cloth diapering is a disease, ladies! RUN AWAY!

The bumGenius order arrived. Oliver's already-too-cute-for-words bum is now sheathed in the softest, coziest fabric out there. But how does it look, you ask? Let me quote Jo for you here:

"That is the cutest thing ever! It's like ... like ... the Hanna Andersson of diapers!"

Note to readers: Hanna Andersson underwear is the gold standard in my household. We discovered it when Atticus was 3 and undergoing SID therapy. The genius behind Hanna unders is that there are no tags, and the stitching is absolutely flat. This is a big bonus for SID kids. Now, all three big kids swear by the stuff. I like it, too: the cuts are perfect, the fabric is like butter, the things hardly show any wear, and they fit my kids for years, not just seasons.
Not to mention the fact, of course, that they are cute. That's a definite plus.

Anyhow, back to the smaller bottoms in my house ....

The bumGenius is well worth the money. I bought six of the One-Size pockets (the 3.0s). The inserts are plush but not bulky, and the covers are such a nice, touchable fabric. The lining, which sits next to the baby's skin, is positively heavenly. BumGenius are pricier than the pre-folds and bummis, no doubt. Cost alone is enough to ensure that I will not be making these little wonders the mainstay of Oliver's cloth diapering wardrobe. No--I think that the pre-folds are clearly the workhorse of cd'ing. Since I have a "work horse" kind of budget, that's where the bulk of my investment will be. But, if money were no option ... or I knew for certain that another baby or two were in my future ... yeah ... I'd buy more bumGenius.

3 comments:

Liz said...

i love the tip about the underwear my 8 yr old has sensory issues, and has out grown his current size of undies which he hardly wears! so now i know what to buy him!! thanks so much :)

Unknown said...

I've been biding my time . . .waiting for the final word.

So, I follow the link.

Yeah. The link is open on my bigscreen.

Now if I could only find the link to Hanna Andersson. :P

Mandi @ Life Your Way said...

I love the BumGenius too – that's what we have! Sadly, ours are in the basement because we need to install a treatment system because we're on well water, and the water was ruining the diapers. :( I miss them a ton, and we're just biding our time until our rebate check arrives so we can pull 'em back out!

And by the way, I've missed you – for some reason your posts haven't been updating in Bloglines for me, and I just assumed you had your hands full and weren't blogging much! Glad to see that's not true!