Pages

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Channeling patience

Don't you just love it when you're reading something that just speaks to what your current situation entails? That was me yesterday.

“I have a mental image of a patient mother. She never has to beat back frustration. In my image, that mother doesn’t have to choose patience; she exudes it naturally from every tight, well-toned pore. Since I often have to fight for my patience, I’ve sometimes felt inadequate as a mother. But like the airbrushed thighs of models in Glamour magazine, I’ve come to realize that the smiling image of motherly serenity is unrealistic. Maybe even the most patient of mothers churns inside sometimes.” --A Sane Woman's Guide to Raising a Large Family


Thanks, Mary Ostyn, for summing up the main thing I need to keep first and foremost in my mind as I beat myself up for not being the Momma I want to be every minute of the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think all of us Moms feel like we are lacking in some area. I constantly struggle with the idea that everyone keeps house better than I do. We all hold ourselves to these unrealistic expectations. You are a very talented woman and loving Mother.