Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Not quite a Wordless Wednesday

Jo canning peaches.

Fourteen years ago, I was pregnant with my first child. I was so certain that the baby was a boy that really, I didn't entertain any other options. Sure, sure, we came up with a girl's name. Just in case, you know.


Good thing I liked that name, huh?


Although I had no idea at the time what on earth God was thinking sending me a GIRL, I now thank Him for that gift every day. Because while I'm certain that having a boy first would have been an amazing blessing, having a girl--this girl--has been all that and more. God knew what He was doing. Imagine that.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

*like*

You Can Call Me Jane said...

Go, dear Jo!

Robin said...

Awww. And I see an apron that looks very familiar, too. :)

Traci said...

She is the best! Wanna teach me what I need to know about canning?

Sarah said...

I was certain I was having a girl first. Maybe our kids got switched? LOL!

I can't imagine our life different from how it is...and pleased for you as well!