Tucked in amongst the necessities and the niceties are some papers. Some potentially very important papers.
Bee's latest visa request.
If you ever needed proof that the Blandings clan is willing to persevere in spite of repeated, emphatic "that's impossible" statements, well ... here it is.
Visa try, round four.
Honestly, we were reluctant to even consider approaching the embassy again. The last attempt to get Bee's visa was such an utter failure that we wondered if the time, effort, and yes, money, was simply a distraction from our bigger goal of moving to Nepal as missionaries. Bee, however, was eager to try one more time. In spite of the odds. In spite of the hassle. In spite of the very real possibility that this could be another heartache in the making.
Which proves that she's a Blandings, in case that was ever in doubt.
I humbly ask you to be in prayer for my family over the next two weeks. My guys leave November 12 and return Thanksgiving Day. Specifically, prayers are needed for:
- Bee's visa application--that God would place a sympathetic ear at the visa window, maybe even a Christian!
- Health for Mr. Blandings and Atticus--who have both been exposed to a yucky cold that might make such a long airplane journey quite uncomfortable.
- Things here at Casa Blandings to be boring. No illness, no attitude issues, no rocked boats.
- Safe travel for my menfolk and, God willing, my girl, too.
- A time of spiritual feast for me, that I would use the empty evenings to draw nearer to God and to listen to Him more closely than I can in my busy day-to-day routine.