Pages

Monday, September 3, 2007

In honor of public school opening day ...

A quiz answering the burning questions you truly want to know about my high school years!


1. Who was your best friend? Before we moved to NC, it was Cheryl. Then, when we moved, I had a little clique of friends that were my constant companions: "Big Dave", Trent, Jess, "Buddha" (real name: Carsten), Davie P., Dylan, "Lizard" (real name Elizabeth), and the Heathers. We really liked nicknaming people. I was "Cheddar."

2. Did you play any sports? Not in high school.

3. What kind of car did you drive? I totaled a Cavalier and was rewarded with a Beretta. I'm not sure about the logic there, but ...

4. It’s Friday night. Where were you? In the basement at Trent's house with "everyone," playing pool. Or at work.

5. Were you a party animal? Not by the common definition.

6. Were you considered a flirt? No, I was the edgy one. Apparently that was somewhat attractive to certain guys.

7. Were you in the band, orchestra or choir? Band until we moved to NC.

8. Were you a nerd? I was one of the punk rock kids. The super-popular folks didn't look at us with envy or anything, but we were a few rungs higher on the social ladder than your average nerd.

9. Were you ever suspended or expelled? No comment.

10. Can you sing the fight song? I put a lot more effort into learning all the lyrics of "Tommy the Cat."

11. Who was your favorite teacher? Mr. Schnackenburg, who thought my writing was worth something.

12. What was your school mascot? We were the Sabres.

13. Did you go to the Prom? Several.

14. If you could go back, would you? Uh, no.

15. What do you remember most about graduation? No one from my family came. Four years later, when I graduated from college, I opted not to walk in the ceremony and no one understood why.

16. Where were you on Senior Skip Day? Much to my shame, many a day was Senior Skip Day. Back in the day, I knew all the record stores and museums of downtown Charlotte by heart.

17. Did you have a job your senior year? Two--I worked the counter in a dry cleaners and was a nurse's aid in a retirement home. Trying to save for college, you know.

18. Where did you go most often for lunch? There was this place by the school, I can't remember what it was called. They had awesome French Dip sandwiches. When I became a vegetarian, I started going to this Vietnamese place for noodles.

19. Have you gained weight since then? Oh, yes.

20. What did you do after graduation? I went to lunch with my then-boyfriend's family.

21. What year did you graduate? 1992

22. Who was your Senior Prom Date? "Big Dave" (the aforementioned boyfriend)

23. Are you going/did you go to your 10 year reunion? No, I let that one pass me by. I did submit a profile for this program-type booklet they put out. It had little blurbs of the "Where are they now?" variety. I was the only one with three children, one of a handful living out of state and one of only a few dozen who were married. Strange.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a fun quiz! I posted it with my answers on my blog. Reminds me that I'm glad I homeschool!

Anonymous said...

Tommy the Cat. Snicker. I so loved that song! Viva punk rock girls! :-)