Pages

Friday, January 2, 2009

Good to Know

Oliver had his hearing test on New Year's Eve. The results were slightly better than we'd hoped: his right ear has approximately an 75-80% hearing capacity. The left ear is unfortunately only able to hear sounds that fall within a very narrow range of frequency.

It's all in how you look at it, isn't it? The glass could be half-empty (he can't hear out of his left ear!) or it could be half-full (he has hearing in his right ear!).

I'm a half-full kind of gal, myself. How about you?

4 comments:

RRigdon said...

1/2 full, myself.

And you know what else? I have a close friend whose daughter was born profoundly deaf, and the Lord restored her hearing completely. No hearing aids, nothing. I'll be praying.

Anonymous said...

Well I'm a half full kind of woman and that sounds like wonderful news to me.

Luke Holzmann said...

Me?

I'm often a half-empty kind of guy, but I'm learning--slowly--to notice that there is water in the cup, and be thankful when it runneth over.

Too often I feel guilty when I have so much. And that isn't good.

...umm... sorry, this comment just ran over into your Stergo post. Sorry. I don't mean to be a problem [smile].

~Luke

Unknown said...

Half-Full here! And no surprise to you, I am sure!

This IS good! Speaking on his right is step one I assume? :)