Pages

Friday, January 30, 2009

Mary (Grace) had a little lamb

Logan enjoys some quality time with the lamb who kindly volunteered his services to our homeschool.

We hosted our lamb for just a few days, but boy, was it fun. A beautiful primer for my children on the true lack of sentimentality that must be employed when an animal is a means to an end rather than a four-legged friend. A living biology specimen. A chance to exercise stewardship and develop compassion for the weakest of things.

Mary (Grace) had a little lamb, and she would do it again in a heartbeat.

5 comments:

blessedmomto7 said...

OH I LOVE LAMBS! Our home school group visited a sheep farm last year and I was IN LOVE! WE WILL be getting some as soon as my kids are big enough to help with more chores! DARLING!

Mrs. C said...

Oh, it looks so soft!!

Heather said...

they are the cutest things ever!

~ Angi :) said...

[Mary (Grace) had a little lamb, and she would do it again in a heartbeat. ]

Oh WHY do these words make me cry???


{wiping tears away from my face}

Rachel said...

SOOO precious. I bottle-fed a pygmy goat when I was a little girl. I never out-grew the ferocious love and satisfaction of getting it to stay alive...

Maybe that's why I had four kids in four years?