Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

30 ways, #7

SOMETHING UNEXPECTED



My kids went to bed one night expecting the next day to bring nothing more unusual than maybe a peek of the NW sunshine that's so elusive this time of the year.


They woke up and found that they could now write on the walls.


Well, not all the walls. Just one. And only with chalk. But still ... pretty amazing stuff.


Leaving little notes for one another. Decorating for guests. Chalk-a-thons. Time with my kids.. laughing, drawing, being close.


Pretty much the best $12 I've ever spent in my house.


Do something completely random in your house--just for you and your kids to enjoy together. Who cares what it looks like or what others think? This is YOUR home ... it belongs to you and the people you love. Pick something that you have space for, can afford, and that makes your heart sing. A book nook. A chalkboard wall. A pin-up board where you leave love notes for one another. Guaranteed to make you fall in love with your little people all over again.

1 comment:

You Can Call Me Jane said...

I'm sorry I haven't been commenting regularly, but I wanted you to know I'm loving this series. Keep it up:-).