Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

"What's the point?"

An acquaintance who is--admittedly--just a tad confused by just about everything my family does, contemplates, or stands for found me in the fabric aisle of the local craft store recently. She asked to hear the news: was Bee home with us, or still in Kathmandu?

I filled her in. Beside me, Atticus scratched his neck uncomfortably, thinking of his downtrodden daddy and sister back home, and the one in Nepal whose hugs he couldn't yet receive.

Her face shifted only the slightest bit, revealing much more than words ever could. I could have told you this would happen, her eyes whispered. You just don't know when to stop, do you?

Finally, she composed herself. Placed a consoling hand on my shoulder and gave me a squeeze.

"Sometimes you have to ask yourself, 'What's the point?' huh?" she asked.

I rustled in my backpack and found my iPod. With a couple of quick clicks, I found an answer that spoke volumes, despite the dead silence all around us.


Bee and Jo, KTM, Feb. 23, 2010


What's the point?

Simply put, this:

God sets the lonely in families (Psalm 68:6)

If that's not a reason to fight on, I don't know what is.

What's the point, indeed. (harumph)

15 comments:

Kate said...

Amen. Amen. and another Amen!!

Sandi said...

Good for you.

Why is it that because it's hard we should just give up? She's a beautiful young girl..well worth the fight!

I don't comment much but have been praying.

You Can Call Me Jane said...

I agree- Amen!

Jennifer Jo said...

Preach it, sister! You go, girl!

And wow. That picture DOES speak volumes. B (and Jo, too, of course) looks like an absolute DARLING.

Tara said...

I read the first few words of this post and thought, "This one is going to tick me off." I was right. Please, please, please tell me this woman is not a Christian. I'll bet I know the answer to that, though. Sigh.

Heidi said...

Wow! Some people really need to learn to just keep their mouths shut! Ggrrr!!!

That picture does speak volumes. You've got 2 very pretty girls there!

Renee said...

Your daughters glow with LOVE! WOW! You are so blessed!

You handled the situation so well. I feel sorry for the lady who doesn't understand that love is always worth fighting for.

You already have the victory. It's all under Jesus's feet and I can't wait to see your whole family picture.

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!!!

That picture is just screaming to be framed :-) I love it (((hugs)))




Mary
MLMB

Sarah said...

You get the point. She clearly doesn't. :(

Luke Holzmann said...

...good stuff, Mary Grace.

Lord, bring Bee home soon. Amen.

~Luke

Sarah aka Perky7 said...

Stand firm, MG! God is working out His plan for good for you and your entire family.

Rachel said...

When others are critical of our actions, it's usually because they feel that they aren't doing as much as they should. They just want you to stop making them look bad.
*hugs*

Camille said...

Wonderful post! AND...we are answerable to God, not man and their opinions. What a blessing you are to your Bee! :)

May the Lord bring you together under one roof in His perfect time!

Blessings,
Camille

Anonymous said...

What a precious picture! It does speak volumes.

Maybe your acquaintance will get it one day.

-Ajoy

The Hayes Zoo said...

Prayers as you press on....