Logan is closing in on six years old, so it's been a while since I've done this baby thing. But here's a short list of the things Little Man has reminded me of this weekend:
- Typing one-handed is an entirely separate skill.
- Babies actually can cry with pacifiers in their mouths.
- There is nothing softer than a baby's cheek.
- Baths each night are mandatory when you're feeding messy dinners to the under-2 set.
- Goodnight Moon is always a hit.
- There's a reason that 5 p.m. is known as the witching hour ... and a reason why I used to pop in a thirty minute video at about 5 p.m. every night. :-)
- Snacks, people. Snacks are GOOD.
- Smiles you have to work for are the sweetest kind.
- Reading to tactile one year-olds is nothing like reading to a group of kids gathered around a Dover coloring book.
- Dogs are the most entertaining things in the world. Period.
- I love rocking babies. Love the shift in their weight as they fall asleep in my arms. Love the way that they sigh and finally let go, giving themselves over to much-needed rest.
And that's just a start. The weekend has gone exceptionally well. We return Little Man to his fostermom tomorrow (Monday). Thanks for continued prayers are we let him go tomorrow, and await his return next weekend.