Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Cooking Seven

You'll most likely notice a few less posts popping up here in the next little bit. Sadly, the p17 shot that has held off my normal early dilation has ceased to perform it's magic, and I found myself in Labor & Delivery triage yesterday morning. Seven is 28 weeks baked, which is a very good place to be--far, far better than the 19 weeks gestation we were at when Logan started trying to make his way into the world. At any rate, it's time for me to spend the majority of my days lying on my left side, drinking oodles and oodles of water, thanking God for the chance to do this all again, and generally doing nothing but baking a baby to the point where he or she will be as healthy as possible when it's showtime.

We're nowhere near a critical juncture at this point (praise God!) and 4 more weeks is all it will take to deliver a baby with excellent chances for full health and a minimal NICU stay. Still, your prayers for Seven are more than appreciated. If you feel led, prayers also for our older children--who have thus far shouldered more responsibilities without a grumble--and for Mr. Blandings--who is being both Momma and Daddy right now--are coveted. Thus far, the Lord has been in full control of this miraculous journey, and we have faith that He continues to walk ahead of us.

16 comments:

EllaJac said...

You've got it; prayers are with you all. What an exciting, challenging time. Looking forward to seeing God's hand continue to bless you!

Rachel said...

Prayin' for you all!

Anonymous said...

Praying

Four Little Penguins said...

Praying for all of you!

Fatcat said...

I'll definitely pray. I would love to do some baking of my own. Or adopting. But neither seems to be on my plate right now.

I think I might be getting my cooking metaphors mixed up a bit here!

Praying the littlest one stays put for a while.

You Can Call Me Jane said...

I'll be thinking and praying for you and the rest of your family. Bake, baby, bake:-).

Sarah said...

PRAYING and grateful for each day Seven stays IN.

Joyfulness said...

GREAT reason to be absent from the blog world. Blessings to you all but especially to Seven.

Traci said...

Praying Seven stays put.

Camille said...

I will add you to our "prayer basket" Mary Grace. We will be praying for you, the baby, the older children and your husband. You are right...God IS faithful and HE does ALL things well! Rest and enjoy these precious days!! (Psalm 138:8 and Psalm 34)

Blessings,
Camille

Mom Of E's said...

Prayers for you, MG! And, for Seven, your husband, and all your children!

Luke Holzmann said...

Lord, continue to knit together Seven. May there be no further complications and everything go smoothly. We life up the whole family as they have to adjust to this stressful time. Give them grace as they press on. And be with Mary Grace as she waits. Give peace and wisdom. Amen.

~Luke

Kindred Blessings said...

Amen to Luke's comment! I am praying for you cousin. I wish I were closer and could be more hands-on with my help.

Kate said...

You rest and we'll pray.

Charlotte said...

What a blessing the shot worked until after Ollie's big day.

Anne Devlin said...

praying for you - I went into early labor with my youngest and was on bedrest for 5 weeks. Seemed like torture with a very active 2 yr old, but really was a blessing in disguise. He spent lots of time cuddled at my side, older daughters learned to do more cooking and cleaning and it was a very peaceful time for us all... Praying Seven stays safely inside and grows well and that you all experience peace during this slow season in your life.