Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sway, little willow



This is me right now.

O.k., it's not really me. I mean-I have a face. And clothes. But you get the point, right?

The news today has not been good at Casa MG. My grandmother, who has been in the hospital for a week now, is no better off than she was the day she was admitted. Pneumonia has her down for the count ... and it has me on my knees, begging the Lord to save one of the two people in the world that I can honestly say have loved me unconditionally since before I was born.

I also found out that my brother was involved in a serious car accident. He seems to be o.k., but the physical and financial blow scare me for him in the long-term. Like me, he juggles an occasional state of melancholy that can toss him into a tailspin. I'm praying that God holds P. tightly in His hand and protects him from the fall-out of the accident.

And finally, there are a few personal matters crowding my plate that I'd rather not be served right now.

Thank goodness the One who is REALLY carrying the world carries me as well. I don't know how I'd make it through the emotions of a day like today without Him.

3 comments:

Benny said...

Count one more person praying for your peace and your family's health and wellbeing.

Benny

Luke Holzmann said...

Lord, I ask for peace and comfort for everyone within Mary Grace's family. For her mother: heath and rest. For her brother: hope and joy. And for Mary Grace herself, space, strength, and grace to deal with everything crowding around her. Amen.

~Luke

Kindred Blessings said...

I'm praying. Is your brother really ok?? Bless your heart.